Deep, Deep Dive
How do you use BNPL?
Think you’re ready to try using BNPL? Here’s how you can get started:
- Sign up for an account with a BNPL provider. You’ll have to provide information like a picture of your IC and link your BNPL account to your online bank account or a debit or credit card.
- At the checkout page of your online shopping site or app, select BNPL as your payment method. Do note, this may not be available for all purchases and depending on where you shop, you might only be able to use certain BNPL plans.
- Choose the BNPL provider you want to use. (If you’ve not signed up for a BNPL account, you will have to at this point.)
- Once you’ve chosen a BNPL provider, you’ll be shown the types of instalment payment plans they offer. Usually, you’ll have to pay the first instalment upfront to complete your order.
- Once you’ve completed your order, the online seller will process your order and send it to you.
- Over the next few months, you’ll have to pay for your item according to the monthly instalment amount you agreed to in Step 4.